IAPOLK-L Archives

Archiver > IAPOLK > 2006-12 > 1166383770

From: "Shirley S." <>
Subject: [IAPOLK] Marriage lookup, please?
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:29:30 -0700

Would some kind soul with access to the Iowa Genealogical Society marriage records look up a December 1945 marriage for my sister and I? Our dad Jack C. Reese lived in Des Moines, and spent some time in the Navy in Ottumwa, and first married a woman named Marian, from Ottumwa. His Navy records indicate he married her in December 1945, and there is no one left alive who knows her last name, nor do I know the exact date they married. Presumably they married in Polk Co., because I can't imagine my dad's mother allowing it to happen elsewhere.

I'm also hoping to find a marriage for a cousin. Her father Floyd B. Snow married her mother 1925 in Lima, Ohio, but according to the 1920 census, he was living in Des Moines with a first wife named Lydia. He got out of the Navy in 1919 so I'm guessing he married after that. They heard a vague story of a child being born--are there birth records available for 1920-1921?

Sure appreciate any help,

Shirley Reese Siltala
Tucson, AZ

This thread: