IAMITCHE-L Archives

Archiver > IAMITCHE > 2010-08 > 1282420340

From: ,
Subject: [IAMITCHE] Unidentified persons in Hartnell-Penney photo
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:52:20 -0000

Author: hartnells
Surnames: Hartnell, Penney
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.iowa.counties.mitchell/1980/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

In the attached photo, the reverse side identifies the 3 standing as Bert (Burton) Hartnell, Maud Penney, and Fred Hartnell. Bert and Fred are brothers, and Maud is their first double cousin, their mothers being sisters, and their fathers being brothers. Bert and Fred are children of William Hartnell and Abbie Penney. Maud is the child of Thomas Hartnell and Minnie Penney. The two children seated in front are not identified, and I'm hoping someone related to either family can identify them. I'm estimating the photo was taken about 1890, as Bert was born in 1885 and Fred and Maud in 1887.

Important Note: