IALUCAS-L Archives

Archiver > IALUCAS > 2009-06 > 1244569025

From: "Nancee Seifert" <>
Subject: [IALUCAS] SAD, BUT VERY INTERESTING...
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:39:12 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I had a McMurtrey relative that spent most of her adult life in Clarinda
Mental Hospital - in Iowa. I wrote to the Hospital a few months ago, and
they sent me her records. I was so saddened to know that apparently her
family didn't visit her and she supposedly died -- and the funeral was
conducted, etc. Two years later, someone discovered that the woman who had
actually died was someone else, and my relative had been living all that
time. She did then eventually pass away.
How could this happen? Why didn't her family know???

I thought this article to be of interest and wanted to share it with you.
Regards, Nancee(McMurtrey)Seifert at