HUTSON-L Archives

Archiver > HUTSON > 2009-12 > 1259849019

Subject: [HUTSON] Annis Lee, Chamberlain Hutson
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:03:39 +0000 (UTC)

Re Annis Lee:

I worked on this line with great hope but DNA didn't match our line.
Here are some notes which suggest avenues to search. No conclusions here, just fishing expeditions. Good luck,
Phyllis Hutson Richerson

a James Lee, 1790 Montgomery Co VA tax list (cty formed in 1777)

neighbors incude WILLIAM HUTSON, Jonah Wilson, Joshua Wilson

IF ANNIS MARRIED IN LOGAN CO KY in 1802, she was probably there WITH herparents (unless she was a widow). What Lees were in Logan Co KY about1802?

no Logan Co census 1800;

1810 Phillip Lee, William Lee

early marriages: Ranone?** Lee (male), 1804, to Patience Walker; GeorgeLee to Polly Barker, 1806; Mary Lee to John Cook, 1805

**my guess is "Ranone" Lee is Benoni Lee, see below

1807 Indiana Territory Census Randolph Co (now southern Illinois,including Hardin Co): James Lee, Jermiah Lee, Benoni Lee,

and a "Campbell" Hudson, who I think is probably actually Chamberlain

NOTE: Chamberlain and Annis name their first two sons, JOHN (his father)and JAMES (?her father?)

1810: Randolph Co: B. Lee, J. Lee, R. Lee as well as C. Hudson

BENONI LEE - an unusual name:

Benoni Lee, will July 19, 1705, Elizabeth Town, NJ (appears to have nochildren)

Indiana Territory, Randolph Co (IL) 1807

Randolph Co IL 1810

1818 Benoni Lee, land purchase (Hardin Co IL; was Randolph Co/IndianaTerritory)

Richard Lee property in Hardin CO IL in 1819

1830 Pope Co IL age 1780-1790 age 40-50 could be a brother, not afather, to Annis

1840 Pope Co IL census William Lee, 37 (b.c. 1803) names son Benoni, 1839

a Rebecca Lee m. Archibald Daniel

Harriet Hutson. m. Archibald Daniel

an Annis Lee m . Chamberlain Hutson in "New Kent," moved to Benton Co TN(? from the Henry or Peter Lee fmily--this is per Wiley Daniels

Carol Daniels says Annis Lee was born May 22, 1779 NC died May 2, 1866 IL

lived with son Moses in 1860 Franklin IL census age 76 1850 Annis 67(born c. 1783); 1860 census, Annis Hutson 76 NC (thus b. c. 1784)

note that Mary Amelia Sandusky Eubanks (daughter of Elizabeth HutsonSandusky, daughter of Chamberlain and Annis) names her first daughterAnnis (Annice in the 1850 census) after Mary's grandmother. Second dtrBetsey.

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:00:55 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: HUTSON Digest, Vol 4, Issue 30

Today's Topics:

1. Harrietta Hutson, 1811-1897, VA to ID ()
2. Obituary: Darrell Hutson ()
3. Re: Obituary: Darrell Hutson ()

Message: 1