HUKILL-L ArchivesArchiver > HUKILL > 2001-08 > 0999205429
Subject: Eoors on Hukill webpage (Joan Taylor's )
Date: 30 Aug 2001 15:03:49 -0600
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Joaan Taylor's webpage ( http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/1183/namehj.htm)
has a lot of very good info but there are several errors on it:
1) Daniel the immgrant of 1666 did NOT marry Mary Donovan. This was an error made by an elderly researcher who was res. Hukill and another family in Dorchester Co., Md.
and confused his research. When I asked him to go back and check he realized his mistake. We don't know when or where Daniel died. I believe he went north to Talbot or Kent Cos., Md. as no record for him is found in Dorchester Co. after he witnesesed a deed in 1672.
2. #8 Daniel had 1 son Spencer (assumed to be his son since Spencer admin his estetae). #20 Daniel was NOT his son; most likely #20 Daniel is s/o John b. 1735 s/o Richard
#3. A John is listed in 1790 in Frederick Co., Md. (1-2-8) and a John Huckwell (sic) is listed in Emmittsburg, Frederick Co., Md. 1800; I believe these to be this John.
3) #12 Daniel b. 1730 s/o Henry mar. Mary Hanson, disappears from Cecil Co. after 1756; I have never come across any trace of him nor anyone who could be his son. T4 of these sons: Abiah, Daniel, John and Richard are sons of Richard #9. Hanson and Alexander never existed; these came from the very confused family memories of David Hukill of Skagway, Alaska (s/o David, s/o Nathan s/o Richard #24.
4. #15 Richard s/o Henry had no children. He (1775)and wife Rachel (1776) both left wills; he leaves everything to wife and brothers James and John; she leaves everything to mother and siblings.
5. #18 Jesse b. 1745 s/o Bartholomew did not have a son Frederick; this is a confusion with #11 Jesse s/o Daniel.
6. #31 John. This whole passage sgould be deleted. This John never existed. These children belong to #48 Nathan s/o #24 Richard.
If anyone has any questions, please contact me: