HOUSTON-L Archives

Archiver > HOUSTON > 2008-02 > 1203787693

From: "Elaine & Alfred Greer" <>
Subject: Re: [HOUSTON] Houston's of Pequea
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:29:28 -0600

Dear Jim,

I am very interested in know more about your line of the Houston's.
My line DNA says that I am not related to General Sam Houston. From your
statement below, I take it that you are not related to him either.

I can go back only to James Houston (1766), wife Ann Carrington. I
do have a great deal starting with James 1766. I am going to print below
some information about my line. If you can add any pieces to my puzzle, I
would appreciate it very much.

James Houston 1766, wife Ann Carrigan, James Houston abt 1800, wife Mary
Ryan, George Houston1799 (son of James 1766) wife Mary Barr. They had only
two boys.
The information listed on PAF shows James Houston (sp Ann Carrigan)
as being born about 1766 of Jackson, GA. His wife Ann Carrigan (1770) is
shown to be born at Jackson, GA also. It shows James Houston abt 1800 (wife
Mary Ryan) (son of James & Ann Carrigan as being born at Leake County, MS.,
but it is my belief that he was born in or around Jackson County, GA My
records make me think that the second James was NOT born in Leake County,
MS. In fact, his son George Monroe Houston was born in Sumpter County, AL
in 1838. George Monroe did marry in Leake County, MS in 1860.
My records show the other son George (wife Mary Barr) was born in AL
and is buried in Dove Cemetery, Yazoo, MS.

Alfred E. Greer
3401 Bellah Ct,
Irving, TX 75062
972-256-3055