HOUSTON-L Archives

Archiver > HOUSTON > 2007-10 > 1193196726

Subject: [HOUSTON] WILLIAM HUSTON married: MARY BURK Nov. 1, 1775
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:32:06 EDT

>From Book on Lee Co VA at LDS Library Salt Lake City - copied July 2004 :
The Houston (Huston) family came from England and made a settlement in
Pennsylvania. Three Hustons served as privates from PA in the American
Revolution and were in the "Battle of King's Mountain". They were : James ,
John and William. These and other Houstons. Robert, Samuel and William
McDowell Houston were all found in Washington Co, VA records after the
Revolution years. Only the family of William Huston will be given in this
record.
William Huston fought in the "Battle of King's Mountain". He was born in
PA; he died in Lee Co VA , ante 22 April 1819; married in PA Nov 1, 1775,
Mary BURK ( marriage record from PA ). He paid both personal and land tax
in Lee Co VA in 1796.
Children of William and Mary Houston were: Sarah and Mary HOUSTON
Sarah HOUSTON , born ca 1782 , died ante nov 1820. Married
Charles C CARTER, Lee Co's first County Court Clerk ( See Charles
CARTER family ).
Mary HOUSTON ,born 1778 ; died 1842 ; married ca 1799 ,
Samuel EWING , first sheriff of Lee County ( See Samuel EWING family )
My quest is for the area of PA in which William HUSTON lived and was
married before he reached VA.