HOSKING-L Archives

Archiver > HOSKING > 2002-01 > 1010634928

From: "David Moon" <>
Subject: Re: [HOSKING] Elizabeth Hosking
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:55:28 +0200

Dear Joan, and Peter and Jim,

Jim knows that I have been on the look out for a number of years to find
any links to my GGG grandmother Elizabeth Hosking born 1862..
I have information that there were over 1000 children born with the surname
Hosking between 1850 and 1870 in Cornwall, and 60 of these were Elizabeth
Hosking. However, only three were Eliz.M Hosking and my GGG grandmother was
Elizabeth Mary. This has helped me locate her records in the 1871 census
when she was an orphan living with her grandmother Grace Hosking and two
uncles Michael and Jas Hosking.
Does anyone have any details of the family of William and Grace Hosking?
Did they have younger children named Michael and Jas?

David Moon
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa