HORNER-L Archives

Archiver > HORNER > 1999-04 > 0925501421

From: "Larry Blackman" <>
Subject: Re: [HORNER-L] GEORGE HORNER
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:43:41 -0400

The HORNER info was really interesting.
I think a couple of things are conflicting, though, re William HORNER.
First, William
HORNER is said to have gone from PA to NC in 1750 but then in the next
sentence, he was only born in 1748, but it's not known when his father went
to NC? Move over Davey Crockett.
Then it mentions that he went on to KY and TN, but no county in KY is
mentioned. I only know of him being in Greene, Hamblen and Jefferson Co.,
TN, all in the same area. Jefferson Co. wasn't even formed until 1792 from
Greene and Hawkins Co. and as far as I know, he died there.
I have gotten the birth date of William HORNER as 31 Aug 1746 in PA or
NC, and died 12 Oct 1824 in Whitesburg, Jefferson, TN. Sorry, I didn't
document this. It also says he could have been born in York Co., PA. York
was formed from Lancaster Co. in 1749.
The other families that I have in Jefferson Co., TN were in Lancaster
Co., PA. Other families that I think were closely associated with them (and
I think all were Quakers) were McDONALD, KIRKPATRICK, and WILKINS. I think
the LANE family was also associated somewhere down the line. Most of these
lines were also in Randolph and Orange Co., NC. The McDONALDs were also in
Augusta Co., VA and are written up in Chalkley's books about the Scotch in
Augusta Co., VA.
My line was John B. HORNER (son of Thomas Nelson HORNER and Sarah LANE)
and Margaret McDONALD (dau. of Alexander McDONALD, Jr. and Hannah
KIRKPATRICK). Thomas Nelson HORNER was the son of William HORNER and
Elizabeth ALLRED. Alexander was the son of Alexander McDONALD and Margaret
RANDOLPH or HARRISON. Hannah KIRKPATRICK was the dau. of John Hugh
KIRKPATRICK and Margaret WILKINS. Sarah LANE was the dau. of Rev. Tidence
LANE and Hester/ Esther VAN BIBBER. These last two families were of MD to
NC to TN (for my line).

Elaine Blackman