HOOLEY-L Archives

Archiver > HOOLEY > 2003-09 > 1062962931

Subject: Hooley's - Thomas, Charles and more
Date: 7 Sep 2003 13:29:19 -0600

Surnames: Hooley
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Ukj.2ACIB/38

Message Board Post:

I am researching my Hooley line and have gone only as far back as Thomas Hooley who would have been born around 1800. I know he was an Innkeeper and had a son, Charles Hooley who was born abt 1825.

Charles Hooley married Elizabeth Purnell on the 21st of July, 1855 in Havant, Hampshire, England. The marriage record indicated Charles was from Manchester. They had three children, Edgar Purnell Hooley b June 5th, 1860 in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, Cosmo Charles Hooley b 1857 and Agnes Mary Hooley b October 5th, 1858.

Edgar Purnell Hooley Married Matilda Fanny Stallard in December of 1884 and they had 4 children, George Bosley Hooley b September 4th, 1885 in Surrey, England, Robert Hooley b February 28th, 1900 in Nottingham, England, Marianne Purnell Hooley b abt 1889 in Barminy, Kent, England and Grace Hooley b 1893 in Nottingham, England

Cosmo Charles Hooley married Marie L ??? and had two children, James h Hooley b abt 1888 in Lancs, Eccles, England and Hilda M Hooley b abt 1891 in Lancs, Eccles, England.

George Bosley Hooley married 1. Violet Ethel Deane on September 13, 1910 in Vancouver, BC, Canada and they had 3 children, Henry Hooley, Eileen Mary Hooley and Margaret Doreen Hooley. 2. Aileen Mary Seabrooke abt 1970 in Winnipeg, Man, Canada and they had 3 children Michael Hooley, Jolyon Hooley and Jeremy George Hooley.

Robert Hooley married Margaret Jean Howell in 1925 and they had two children, Charles Purnell Hooley who was born in Scunthorpe, England and Patrick Robert Hooley who was born in Ealing, England.

Grace Hooley married Basil Lawson and they had two children, Cynthia Lawson and John Lawson. They may have moved to Australia.

Any information on any of the above would be appreciated.

This thread: