HOLYFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > HOLYFIELD > 2006-07 > 1154090220

Subject: Re: Rev. Marion J. Holyfield methodist minister & Confederate chaplain
Date: 28 Jul 2006 06:37:00 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Sgj.2ACIB/161.1.2.1

Message Board Post:

I've been searching for Rev. Wm Holifield's parents for many years and have not been able to find genealogical proof or any reference to them. I have one clue (not proof) that his father's name might be William. I'm not even sure if S.C. is correct because some records state he was born N.C. I know he served in the War of 1812, but I don't have an actual copy of his record, only a transcription. Do you a copy of his service record? Thanks for your post.

This thread: