HODGES-L Archives

Archiver > HODGES > 1999-06 > 0929463249

From: Ronald E Zinn <>
Subject: [HODGES-L] Burial, Cremation, Removal?- HODGE
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:14:09 -0400

On a death certificate, there is a line for "Place of Burial,
Cremation, or Removal" and then someone can put the date. I have two
questions, one general, one specific. I appreciate any and all input....

1.What does the term "removal" mean? Is it removal from or
removal to?

2.On a death cert for Mary HODGE, the place/date listed under
"Burial, Cremation, or Removal" is Lake Park (Cemetery) October 27, 1919.
I also have her interment card from Lake Park cemetery. The card says
she was interred on September 23, 1920. There is a reference on her
Interment card that says, "Removal, died December 1919." I called Lake
Park cemetery and they said that this means that Mary Hodge was removed
from somewhere else TO Lake Park and interred on September 23, 1920. So
my question is....Why are there two dates listed (one from the death cert
and one on the cemetery interment card) for her interment? Where was
Mary from Oct 27, 1919 to September 23, 1920? Is it possible that she
was moved within the cemetery? Does anyone have any ideas what happened
in this particular case? BTW - Her husband William R. HODGE died
October 27, 1902 and was also "removed" on Sept. 23., 1920. Their plots
are together.

Any help would be appreciated

Julie in Columbus, OH

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tag