HOBBS-L Archives

Archiver > HOBBS > 2010-08 > 1281406615

From: "" <>
Subject: [HOBBS] William Hobbs
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 02:16:55 -0000

Author: 58helowife
Surnames: beal, hobbs, davidson, mavers
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hobbs/2136/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I have hit a road block and hoping to find some information about a desendent, william hobbs. He was a white man who adopted two indian boys, Greenberry and his brother John. one account says they were cherokee and the other says they were iroquois.

greenberry - 2 feb 1814-25 oct 1871
john - 10 mar 1816 - 29 mar 1880

i do have a bit more infomation on the boys, but i am trying to figure out if william was married or not. family history says he was not, adopted the boys in TN, then the boys eventually moved to MO.

I also have no infomation as who his parents were or if he had another other family.

Important Note: