HISPANIC-SW-L Archives

Archiver > HISPANIC-SW > 2005-10 > 1130740119

From: Gloria Cordova <>
Subject: Re: [HISPANIC-SW] Jesus Maria Cordova & Deluvina Lucero
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:28:39 -0700

Hello. I have the couple Jesus Maria Cordova & Maria Deluvina Lucero
in my family history database.
I've summarized below the line of descendancy as I know it. I also
have some information on the parents of their spouse if you are
interested in this as well. Hope this helps.

JESUS MARIA CORDOVA (d. bef 1896) son of Jose Ramon Cordova & Maria
Antonia Quintana;
JOSE RAMON CORDOVA (baptized 13 Apr 1800, San Juan de los Caballeros,
NM) &
(1) Soledad Valdez; (2) Maria Antonia Quintana; Jose Ramon, son
of Juan Jose Cordova & Maria Rafaela Abeyta.
JUAN JOSE CORDOVA & Maria Rafaela Abeyta.

NOTES:
--for Jesus Maria Cordova:
named as parent: NSHG, OLG church marriage registry, Conejos, CO,
line 105. SOURCE: p. 66. 18810112. CORDOBA, Antonio de Jesus &
LUCERO, Cornelia. Husband's parents: Jesus Maria Cordova & Ma.
Delubina Lucero. Wife's parents: Gabriel Lucero & Ma Ascension Lucero.

DEATH: named as deceased parent in...
MARRIAGE: P. 60, HGRC Parkview, NM Marriages, p. 48 of orig record.
16 Nov 1896. Married and veiled Antonio de Jesus Cordova, widow in
2nd mariage of Francisca Garcia, legitimate son of Jesus Maria
Cordova (dec) and Diluvina Lucero, with Magdalena Cisneros, single,
legitimate daughter of Mariano Cisneros (dec) and of Luisa Ortiz.
Both from Las Lagunitas. Wit: Francisco Antonio Gomez and Francisca
Lucero.named as deceased parent in

---for JOSE RAMON CORDOVA:
BAPTISM: San Juan de los Caballeros Baptisms 1726-1870 (compiled by
Tom Martinez) p. 103. Jose Ramon (4/9). bap 4/13/1800 Parents:
Juan Jose Cordova & Maria Rafaela Abeyta, vecinos de Bosque PGP &
MGP: not listed Padrinos: Jose Maria Abeyta & Maria Rosa Abeyta.
"Padrinos de Rio arriba."

paternal godparent: Abiquiu Baptisms 1754-1870 (Tom Martinez
database), p. 55. 11-10-1853. Juan Manuel Abelino (4 days).
Parents: Jesus Maria Cordova & Maria Deluvina Lucero, vecinos de
Abiquiu. PGP: Ramon Cordova & Maria Antonia Quintana. MGP: Domingo
Lucero & Rufina Valdes. Padrinos: Manuel Lucero & Maria Rufina Valdes.
His full name is given as "Jose Ramon" in other entries on p. 55
where he is the parent.

2nd MARRIAGE (?) named as parent: Abiquiu Baptisms (Tom Martinez
database), p. 55. Juan Manuel (5 days). bap 8-10-1834. Parents: Jose
Ramon Cordova & Soledad Valdes [sic]. PGP: Juan Cordova & Maria
Rafaela Abeyta. MGP: Bernardo Valdes & Anamaria Jaramillo. Padrinos:
Jose Manuel Abeyta & Margarita Velarde.

Baptismal Sponsor: Abiquiu Baptisms, Tom Martinez database, p. 56. ---
SALVADOR. (5 years, Navajo). bap 12-7-1862. Padrino: Don Ramon
Cordova comments: baptized was servant of Don Ramon Chaves.
---MARIA RITA. (7 years, Navajo). bap 6-18-1860. Padrinos: Ramon
Cordova & Geronima Montoya.

1st marriage (?): Soledad Valdez
named as parent: Abiquiu Baptisms (Tom Martinez database), p. 55.
Juan Manuel (5 days). bap 8-10-1834. Parents: Jose Ramon Cordova &
Soledad Valdes [sic]. PGP: Juan Cordova & Maria Rafaela Abeyta. MGP:
Bernardo Valdes & Anamaria Jaramillo. Padrinos: Jose Manuel Abeyta &
Margarita Velarde.

---JUAN JOSE CORDOVA
listed as parent in 1800 baptism of "Jose Ramon" in San Juan de los
Caballeros Baptisms 1726-1870 (compiled by Tom Martinez) p. 103. Jose
Ramon (4/9). bap 4/13/1800 Parents: Juan Jose Cordova & Maria
Rafaela Abeyta, vecinos de Bosque PGP & MGP: not listed Padrinos:
Jose Maria Abeyta & Maria Rosa Abeyta. "Padrinos de Rio arriba.

Blessings,
Gloria
Gloria Cordova, Ph.D.
Los Alamos, NM