HILL-UK-L Archives

Archiver > HILL-UK > 2011-02 > 1296872515

From: "Karen Deeds-Jarvie" <>
Subject: [HILL-UK] John Hill born Washington Co. PA (around 1787)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:21:56 -0500

Can anyone help us find this man's parents?

This information was included in a bio for his grandson, Frank S. Hill:

John Hill was a cabinet maker by trade, in mid-life moved to a farm south of New Bedford, Lawrence Co. Spent his life in this area, Mercer Co. and Lawrence Co. which had various boundaries during his lifetime. He died at age 48 in Pulaski, Lawrence Co., PA.

He was married three times:

Wife #1 was a Miss Morris. We believe she is the Mary Hill that died in 1825. She left John with 6 children: John, Abe, William (born 1821), Annie (Guthrie), Maria (Cameron), and Margaret (Mrs. Hiram Slack).

Wife #2 was Elizabeth "Margaret" Dennison, who also died young and left John with 5 more children: Mary (Elliott) born in 1828, Jane (Longworth) 1829, Alexander (born anywhere from 1830-1835 depending on various census data), James (1831), and David (1833).

Wife #3 was a Miss Edwards. We believe her name was Elizabeth and she did not bear him a child.

Can anyone help us further this research?

This thread: