HEMENWAY-L Archives

Archiver > HEMENWAY > 2011-05 > 1305771786

From: "" <>
Subject: [HEMENWAY] Dead end for Hiram Hemenway
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 02:23:06 -0000

Author: jrhemenway
Surnames: Hemenway/Hemingway/Allerton
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hemenway/103/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My 3rd gr grandfather, Hiram Gilbert Hemenway, was married to Angelina Allerton (of the Mayflower Allertons). He was born about 1806 in NY and I would have thought the connection to the Allertons would make him a little more notable. But I have for about 15 years not been able to find his parents or really a solid birthday/place. Others have said they found him in the 1850 census. Unfortunately, that's not possible as he died 21 Jul 1849 in Michigan (buried in Beard Cemetery - Angelina joined him there 50 years later). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a bit desperate at this point.

Important Note: