HEDGES-L Archives

Archiver > HEDGES > 2008-08 > 1218357775

From: <>
Subject: [HEDGES] British Army World War 1 records
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 09:42:55 +0100

The following records have now been uploaded to Ancestry.co.uk -

British Army WW1 Medal Rolls

British Army WW1 Service Records - surnames commencing letter H have now
been uploaded.

If you do not have a subscription with Ancestry.co.uk and would like to
know
if your relations records are included please, let me know. Full name
and,
if possible, regimental number or regiment would help. Please bear in mind
that a huge number of World War 1 records were destroyed by fire during
World War 2, so you may be unlucky. For this reason I have been unable to
find my own Grandfather's records.

If I receive a large number of requests please bear with me as I will deal
with them on a 'first come, first served' basis.

Best wishes

Sue

The Guild of One Name Studies No. 3288
www.Hedges-Study.org.uk