HANKS-L Archives

Archiver > HANKS > 2012-04 > 1335673400

From: ,
Subject: Re: [HANKS] Nancy Hanks
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 04:23:20 -0000

Author: ocalhoun1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hanks/1.2.4.24.26.30.31.33.34.36.50.293.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I don't need to look at his book. He has all the wrong information. You can believe whatever you wish but it was written by Judge Felix E. Alley of the North Carolina Supreme Court and proved that John C. Calhoun & Nancy Hanks are the parents of Abraham Lincoln. I also have the copy of the agreement where John C. Calhoun agreed to pay Nancy Hanks the sum of $100.00 per year for the support of an Illegitimate son born February 12, 1809. It was witnessed by Christopher Orr, Robert Brown Norris, and Thomas Lincoln. John C. Calhoun also paid Thomas Lincoln $100.00 to take Nancy south to have the child.

Important Note: