HANKS-L Archives

Archiver > HANKS > 2010-08 > 1281120842

From: ,
Subject: [HANKS] ACTUAL BIRTHDATE OF JOHN L. HANKS
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:54:02 -0000

Author: jeannettec84
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hanks/1195/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT MY GRAND FATHER'S DOB WHEN I WENT TO THE ANNAPOLIS VITAL STATISTICS A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. HIS ACTUAL DOB WAS 25 SEPTEMBER 1870 born in Huron, Norwalk, Ohio. I called the probate court in Huron, Ohio yesterday and they didn't have a birth certificate for him. I guess my next research might lead me to finding some Methodist churches there that have records dating back to 1870??
But one thing that might directly connect me to the Cyrus Hanks line is that my Aunt had put on my grandfather's death certificate a possible maiden name of his mother. It was written as--- ?OSurion, or something to that effect. The OS was very legible but I had a hard time reading the letters following it. What I'm a little excited about is that his mother's name I believe was Eliza Osborn. This is the closest I've come to connecting with the Hanks line.

Important Note: