HAMRICK-L Archives

Archiver > HAMRICK > 1997-03 > 0859352465

From: Greg Lovelace <>
Subject: Re: George, Jerge, Patrick, & Henry Hamrick
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:01:05 -0500

Harvey Greene wrote:

>: Will the TRUE g-father of the Hamrick clan please rise......?

I just gotta chuckle at this <grin>

>: Unfortunately, I have not found anyone on either side that has anything
>more
>: than heresay to back up the claim. (Obviously I don't either, or I
>wouldn't
>: be writing this <G>).
>:
>: I am primarily talking about the Hamrick line which yielded the
>: Hamrick-McSwain clan in NC-SC

Well, hello, cuzzin! My connection to the HAMRICKs is through my
ggrandmother, Mary Jane Green of Rutherford Co., NC. Lots o' Hamricks and
McSwains there. I was just up there last week, and was privileged to see
the graves of many of the clan at Walls Baptist Church and the Boiling
Springs cemetery. Felt the presence of lots of ghosts......

>: now (in)famous book which claimed George then was later questioned in
the 2nd edition)? I would really like to find out what some of you have.

Unfortunately, most of the stuff I have that isn't connected to the
LOVELACE family is from that book. Sorry!

>: Green/Greene, Fletcher, Hamrick, Harris, Hardin, Hartsfield, Higgins,
>Lanier, McSwain, Newton, Peek, Ro(d)gers, Shephard, Selman, et. al.

What? No LOVELACEs??????? <VBG>

I got Green, Hamrick, Hardin, McSwain, and a bunchof others, too......

Peace,
Part of the Tree,
Greg Lovelace

This thread: