HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2009-02 > 1235125420

From: ,
Subject: Re: [HAM] Hamilton/Indian Ancestry
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:23:40 -0000

Author: SByrd501
Surnames: Hamilton/Searcy
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hamilton/7033.3.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My mother said the Hamilton ancestors had Cherokee blood as well as Scot Irish. My older siblings told me the same thing. Some of my bro./Sis. are dark looking & we all have high cheek bones. I saw quite a few Hamilton names on the Indian rolls but no one I ever heard of. None of the names rang a bell & I have researched a long time & have come to a dead end on my Great Grandfather & beyond. It's almost like he never existed. So hard to research. I have his name & birth plus whom he married & I've ended up with ziltch. I can't even find out anything about his wife except her mother/father & siblings. I can't seem to find out where she is buried & I think he may have died in Civil War. That too comes up nothing. I really get aggravated at all these Genealogy sites that claim to be free & when you get on them they won't let you research without buying membership. Family Search doesn't have hardly any of my relatives listed. Anyway I feel the Hamilton ancestors WAS OF iNDIAN DE!
SCENT SOMEHOW.

Important Note: