HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2008-10 > 1223992514

From: ,
Subject: [HAM] Mary Hamilton White
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:55:14 -0000

Author: kshaw196
Surnames: Hamilton, White, Guthrie
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hamilton/6973/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am looking for information on Mary Hamilton who married Joseph White near Pittsburgh, PA in 1788. She was born in Oct. 1765 in PA. She and Joseph had 7 children: Anne, James, Alexander Hamilton, Sarah, John, Benjamin, & Thomas. The family lived in or around Muskingum Co., OH. Mary died in Guernsey Co., OH in Sept. 1854.
Family lore says she was related to Alexander Hamilton, Sec. of the Treasury under Geo. Washington. I have been searching for years for the connection and haven't been successful beyond all the Alexander/Hamilton names down through the generations, which, alone, doesn't prove anything. Does anyone know anything about Alexander Hamilton's cousins, or children of his brother James, or possible half siblings through his father? At the same time, does anyone know any more about this Mary Hamilton and her family?
Thanks,
Jan

Important Note: