HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2006-02 > 1139895855

From: "BEVERLY NELSON" <>
Subject: Fw: HAMILTON, Eleanor - 1700s m John Savage
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:44:15 -0700

I have a biography of Captain John Savage 1707-1792 which includes a wonderful portrait of him. His father was supposed to have been a French Huguenot who went to Ireland, settling near Londonderry. The bio states that it was composed of information from Parmenter's History of Pelham, Massachusetts, and Reed Johnes' History of Rutland, Massachusetts, with additions from various family records. This also states that his wife was Eleanor Hamilton (1713-1883), the daughter of his step-father.

John Savage's step-father was supposed to have been Captain John Hamilton, a British Naval Officer and brother of my ancestor James Hamilton who came in 1716 to Massachusetts from Northern Ireland. James named his brother John as one of the exec. of his will.

The children listed for John Savage and Eleanor Hamilton Savage are: Martha, b c1733 In Rutland, Elizabeth, John Jr., Lydia, and Edward.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to find the origins of John & James and their sisters who also came to Massachusetts in 1716 into Boston. They were the Scotch Irish who settled first at Worcester and then bought the town of Pelham.

Bev Nelson

This thread: