HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2005-11 > 1132958301

Subject: Re: Descendants of Wyatt Hamilton, Polk Co., TN
Date: 25 Nov 2005 15:38:21 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/xFh.2ACEB/4331.1.1

Message Board Post:

I have researched James Hamilton for a number of years now. The only proven descendants I have been able to document to James Hamilton is son Wyatt Hamilton and daughter Elizabeth Hamilton Dougherty (my GGG Grandmother). Elizabeth and Wyatt are the only two mentioned in his pension application in 1833, Lee Co., VA. I have Emory Hamilton's book on Schuyler Hamilton. Have any documents ever surfaced to prove a link to the Hamilton's in Wise Co.? The James Dougherty Book by William C. Dougherty stated Elizabeth was born in Ramsey, yet James Hamilton's Revolutionary Pension Application, second appearance in court in Lee Co., VA indicated he was not in SW Va at the time Elizabeth was born. I would be interested in corresponding further with you via e-mail. R Scott

This thread: