HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2003-01 > 1043788925

From: Gordon Hamilton <>
Subject: [HAM] Re: Hamilton DNA Project
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:22:05 -0500

Diane:

You can still obtain meaningful data about your Hamilton line from this DNA
study but you would need to locate some living cousin (willing to provide a
sample for testing) who is a direct male descendant of your line. It would
not matter if he was a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or more cousin of yours since the DNA
changes very little over many generations. Consequently, any living direct
male descendant of your Hamilton line would essentially have the DNA
markers characteristic of that Hamilton line.

Gordon Hamilton

>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:55:30 -0500
>From: "Diane Renfrow" <>
>Subject: Re: [HAM] Hamilton DNA Project
>
>Dear Gordon Hamilton,
>
>Am I understanding correctly that only males may be considered for this DNA
>project? The surname has not been used in our family since my great
>grandmother,Henrietta Hamilton,of Wake County NC,born ca 1866,died 1950.
>Thanking you for your patience,
>Diane Renfrow

This thread: