HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2002-09 > 1032797510

From: "clginvb" <>
Subject: Re: Re: [HAM] Ancestry.com - special request
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:10:55 -0500

If you can only see 5 states from the 1930 census I suggest that you refresh
your page when it comes up as they are almost done with the 1930 census and
have started to index states.
I have been a member of Ancestry for about 4 years and I will say that in
the beginning I had more luck using other resorces but not now. Having the
census on the internet allows me to sit at home in my nightgown and a cup of
coffee doing my research. If I have a hard time sleeping at night there is
the computer to do what I want till I get sleepy.
There are problems with some of their links to the proper pages in the
census and also their scans. I usually send them an e-mail of the error and
it is corrected. We are all not perfect, at least the last time I checked.
If you found nothing available to you on Ancestry then you are probably
looking for birth, marriage records, these I must admit are not always
available. You would have to check church records or historical societies
for that.
By the joining of Ancestry and Rootsweb there is more available than a year
ago. So don't say Ancestry has done nothing for you.
Cheryl