HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2002-09 > 1032365267

From: <>
Subject: Re: Re: [HAM] Ancestry.com - special request
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:07:54 -0400

I guess I have a similar beef. ;-)

The Down Ireland: Parish and Probate Records say

Down: Upper & Lower Castlereagh - Gravestone Inscriptions, Baronies of Upper and Lower Castlereagh b
Marriage Allegations, 1660
Saintfield Church of Ireland Graveyard
O. S. 16. Grid Ref. 405591
County: Down
Country: Ireland
Hamilton Erected by John Hamilton of Belfast in memory of his father Vere Hamilton who died 06 Mar 1759 aged 49 years. This has now become the property of Arthur Anderson of Belfast whose children are interred as follows:--Robert who died 06 May 1849 aged 8 months, William John who died 05 Jun 1849 aged 17 years, Jane who died 07 Aug 1865 aged 26 years. Jane Hamilton, wife of Arthur Anderson, died 21 Jan 1878 aged 65 years. Also the above named Arthur Anderson who died 25 May 1888 aged 80 years.
---
Hope this helps.

Teresa