HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2000-07 > 0962590835

Subject: [HAM] Hamiltons in Lanarkshire
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 22:20:35 EDT

Hi - My 2nd great grandmother was Janet Hamilton of Lanark, Lanarkshire.

Janet b. abt. 1828 - d. abt. 1912, married Peter Liddle of Carnwath,
Lanarkshire, on January 20, 1857. Janet was the daughter of James Hamilton,
d. before 1857 and Marion Forrest, d. before 1857

Peter and Janet Hamilton Liddle were from Lanarkshire, but spent a good part
of their life at Gress Farm on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. They had two
daughters: Marion Liddle and Catherine Jane Hamilton Liddle (my great
grandmother)

Children of James and Marion Forrest Hamilton were:

Elisabeth - b. abt. 1822
Janet - (as above) b. abt. 1828
Marion, b. abt. 1833
Daniel - b. abt. 1835
Catherine - b. abt. 1837
Mary - b. abt. 1839
John - b. abt. 1841

Does anyone have any additional information regarding this Hamilton family?
Thank you.
Marie Beeman Raper
Canby, OR USA
Researching in the UK:
RAPER, ROBINSON, STEPHENSON, SANDERSON - Yorkshire, England
RAPER, ROBINSON - Lancashire, England
LIDDLE, HAMILTON, LIND, FORGAN, FLEMING, SHIELDS - Lanarkshire, Scotland
FORGAN - Fife, Scotland
MACDONALD, MACKENZIE, MACLEAN, LIDDLE - Isle of Lewis, Ross & Cromarty,
Scotland
Researching in the US:
BEEMAN, BEAMAN, PLEMMONS, SEGLE, RAPER, SWINEHART, DUNBAR, AUPPERLE,
SHAKESPEARE, MOODY, HUFFMAN

This thread: