HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 2000-04 > 0954704074

From: "Shield Marine & Diving" <>
Subject: Re: [HAM] James Hamilton, Jr.
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:34:34 -0500

Hi Garth & Trish,

I take it this is the Hon. Robert Hamilton of Hamilton, Ontario? If so,
check
out the website of Bill Martin. He has transcribed the registers from the
Niagara Region that were published by the Ontario Historical Society circa
1900 starting with those born at Fort George circa late 1700's...which
contains these Hamiltons. Our famous Laura Secord and her family are to be
found among these transcriptions too!! Alexander Hamilton was a sheriff in
the area. These were Hamiltons from Scotland I believe. I have looked at
these Hamiltons in the hope that my Alexander found in Hamilton, ON in 1850
was part of this family...nothing concrete yet!!

http://www.tbaytel.net/bmartin The record group is found at the bottom of
his home page under "Early Records".

Diane Sheppard
Emo, ON