HAMILTON-L Archives

Archiver > HAMILTON > 1999-05 > 0926462970

From: "Garth A. Hamilton - VE3HO" <>
Subject: [HAMILTON-L] Hamilton's Quebec connections
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:49:30 -0400

Still seeking connections to my line which starts in CANADA with
James Hamilton (GGGF)born abt 1815 in Ulster, married Miss Hammond abt 1836 in Ulster and immigrated to Canada arrivng in Argentuil County of Quebec near La Chute on the Ottawa River the same year.
children were or James and ?
John b 1837,
Joseph b 1838 Married Lotie Parker,
Elizabeth b 1840 married William Gordon,
1861 census places a William Gordon living in Argentuil County Quebec
Margaret b 1841 married William Swale children Ann Margaret, Mary Jane,
Mary Ann b 1842 married Joseph Parker
Matthew (GGF) b 1843 Married Irene Isobell Pierce widow with one child Eva
of E.R. Mayo
Quebec Census has Matthew living in 1873 in East Clifton Compton
County Quebec. We know he died in Unity Saskatchewan in 1932.
We know he moved to Unity in 1910 and was in Sydney Manitoba
before that.
children of Matthew & Irene
Hattie Marie b 1870 m G Greenlay ch Vivian and Hazel
Hugh Edward (GF) b 1871 m Fanny Carr 1912 in Unity
ch Lyle and Ronald(F)
Francis S J b 1873 M ? ch Alice Florence Charles
Lelia Rose b 1875 died 1887
Justin William b 1877 m Ella Jackson 1912 in Unity Sask
ch Rose, Lillian, Gordon, Graham,
Effie M b 1880 m Frank Stanley
ch Irene, Howard, Ray, Edna,
Bertha I b 1888 M ?