HAFLEY-L Archives

Archiver > HAFLEY > 2009-08 > 1249823880

From: ,
Subject: Re: [HAFLEY] Hafley's of Casey/Boyle Co. Ky.
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:18:00 -0000

Author: cmhowrey
Surnames: Hafley, McCaulley, Lane
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hafley/64.4/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I don't know if you're still checking this post, but maybe someone else can find a connection still.

I just recently found my GGrandmother Anna Hafley in the Iowa census. Her father was William M Hafley (b 1869) appears to be a son of Joseph C. Hafley and Francis Bottom. I need to research this more, but it looks like William is Robert's brother. It appears that William married Phoebe Lane and had 6 children. They are Anna Lou, William G., Emma, Mildred, Vernie M., and Louie Alfred.

William's daughter Anna Hafley married James Edward McCaulley and lived in Iowa. Their daughter Gladys May McCaulley, my grandmother, married John Leroy Howrey.

Important Note: