GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2010-01 > 1264075093

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: Re: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] John Murphy
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:58:13 -0500

Hi Jo Ann,

I just checked the 1820 census for MA and there were only 16 households with
the MURPHY name that year. Most of them were in Boston, and there was a
John.

In 1810 there were only 11 MURPHY homes. In 1800 there were 7. In
1790 there were 8.

If you could offer specific details about the MURPHY you are looking for,
like which census year, and what age he would have been in MA, I could look
further. And, if you could offer the approximate years for the
marriages, that would help. And, do you need VT census information?

Betty (near Lowell, MA)