GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2008-08 > 1218249550

Subject: Re: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] MA Archives Lookup Needed
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 02:39:26 -0000

Author: allyssa_edwards
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.massachusetts.unknown/6806.4/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello. I have the Vital Records of Lowell up to 1849. I looked up and did indeed find the marriage record, which states:

Honey, Calvin, and Laura A. Gaffield, both of L, Dec 7 1843.

No parents are listed though. There also marriages for an Elizabeth, Mary, and William Honey.

I checked births and there are 2 children listed for William, and 2 for Calvin:

Alia, 9 Feb 1847
Evelyn, 7 sept 1844

There were no deaths listed under that surname.

I recommend, if you have the budget, and the patience, to place a request through the archives. If you do not find in Massachusetts, then try NH, etc. If you are unable to find in any other online databases, such as Ancestry, etc.

Often, the Cities or Towns themselves, will not store records that old, there at the office, with easy accessibility. This is why I recommend the Archives directly.

Oh, have you located their burial? Sometimes that is helpful as well.

Hang in there, hopefully you will find. I've been searching for 8 years for the parents of my Thomas Cummings :)

Important Note: