GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2008-08 > 1218204633

Subject: Re: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] MA Archives Lookup Needed
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:10:46 -0000

Author: bbffrrpp
Surnames: Honey, Gaffield
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.massachusetts.unknown/6806.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Susan. I'd like to know if you have written a slow-mail letter to the City Clerk's office in Lowell. In New England, that's the easiest way to get information.

Having said that, I just checked the web site, and I don't see "genealogy" mentioned, so I don't know what the fee is if you just want the information. Other large cities in the area, like Waltham and Cambridge, charge $15 per hour for "genealogy research" in their records. But, if you know the exact date and name, they sometimes waive the fee.

http://www.lowellma.gov/depts/clerk/faq#fee

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

Important Note: