GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2007-06 > 1182876704

Subject: Re: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] Civil War photo
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:51:44 EDT

Hi Paul
Have you looked through the Army Military History Museum web site? I agree
that there are few group photos.
I have been searching for one of my grandfather who was in a band for the
course of his military career...11th MASS. Inf. Co. "K", which had the
distinction of being the only company formed from men that all lived within the same
neighborhood in Dorchester! Grandfather went through all 4 years of the war
with "Hooker's Brigade" and the Army of The Potomac. After the war he lived
in Watertown and Waltham...and belonged to one of the GAR posts there. Have
tried for years to see if there was a photo from that.
If you have not seen it, this website might be of interest.
_Welcome to CMH Online! Military Museum_ (http://www.army.mil/cmh/)

Susan in MA.
In a message dated 6/26/2007 10:53:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,