GenMassachusetts-L Archives

Archiver > GenMassachusetts > 2007-06 > 1181422494

From: "parkinson" <>
Subject: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] Luther Calvin Estling
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 15:54:54 -0500

Karen,

NEHGS has the BMD vitals from 1840-1910, which is where the Chappel information was found. The pre 1850 Vitals don't have the images, so what you see is what you get.

That being said:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~maessex/VitalRecords/WorcesterCounty/Upton/index.html

Upton, Worcester County, MA births Vol 1, page 21
ESLING
Luther Calvin, s. Richard and Rhoda, May 30, 1781

Upton marriages Vol 1 page 92
ESTLING
Rhoda and Stephen Temple, int. July 3, 1784
This must be Richard's widow.

Upton Births Vol. 1 page 56
TEMPLE
Collin, s. Stephen and Rhoda, March 9, 1792.
Dolston, s. Stephen and Rhoda, May 9, 1785.
Lune, d. Stephen and Rhoda, Feb. 16, 1787.
William Tauzor, s. Stephen and Rhoda, July 24, 1788.

I can find no Estling in the surname index or a variation of that name, so don't know if they were present in other towns. A query to the Worcester County list might be helpful.

NEGHS is not working very well right now, so I will have to try later. I tried a seach on soundex for Estling but the search froze.

Hope this helps,
Kathy