GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2001-10 > 1003873648
Subject: [GM-L] PARKER, Aaron - Westford, Mass. with later data added on descendants
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:47:28 EDT
Subject: PARKER, Aaron
Source: Source: History of Westford, MA by Rev. Edwin R. Hodgman, A.M. 1883
Aaron Parker was the first of the name in Westford, Mass., and was the son of
Moses Parker b. 1689. His name is among the original members of the First
Church. He m. Abigail Adams abt 1712. Children:
1. Aaron Parker Jr., b. 1713 m. (1) Mary Barret d. 1737; m. (2) Dorothy
2. Samuel Parker b. 1717
Robbins in 1748.
3. Moses Parker b. 1718
4. Abigail Parker b. 1720 m. John Senter of Londonderry, N.H.
5. Mary Parker b. 1723, m. Oliver Proctor of Chelmsford.
6. Lucy Parker b.1725/26, m. Stephen Corey of Littleton.
7. Elizabeth Parker b. 1728 m. Gershom Proctor of Chelmsford
8. Isaac Parker b.1731
9. Joseph Parker b. 1735 m. Susanna Fletcher, 1763.
10. Esther Parker b. 1738.
Aaron Parker the father, lived on the farm now owned (1883) by George
which was the original homestead of the family in this town. He died in 1772
aged 83 years.
Aaron Parker Jr. m. (1) Mary Barret who died in 1737. He m. (2) Dorothy
1. Aaron Parker 3d b.1739
2. Joshua Parker b.1740
3. Dorothy Parker b. 1742 m. ___(see p. 485 for addition)
4. Mary Parker b. 1744 m. Amos Boynton 1767.
5. Abigail Parker b. 1745 m. John Hildreth, 1762.
6. Sarah Parker b.1747
7. Ebenezer Parker b. 1749
8. Deborah Parker b. 1751 m. Henry Fletcher, 1773
9. Isaiah Parker b. 1752.
10. Isaac Parker b. 1755; d. 1756.
11. David Parker b. 1757
He died 1762 and his widow married Peter Reed of Littleton.
p.485 Additions to Aaron Parker (p.463)
Aaron Parker Jr.'s 3d child Dorothy Parker b. 1742 (add) m. Salmon Dutton who
b. in Westford 1744.
Isaiah Parker, son of Aaron Parker, Jr. (p.463), m. Sybil Willard, 1773.
1. Rachel Willard Parker b. 1773; d. young.
2. Isaiah Parker b. 1774; d. 1802.
3. Samuel Stillman Parker b. 1776 was a physician; m. Rebecca Thomas and died
at River Raisin, Michigan, 1811.
4. Sally Parker b. 1778 m. Joseph Bullard and d. in NYC 1840.
5. Luther Parker b. 1781 m. (1) Sophia Hartwell; m. (2) Sarah Hull and d. in
6. Sewall Parker b.1783; m. Sally Willard; d. in NYC 1845.
7. Miranda Parker b.1785; m. Major Joseph Edgarton and d. 1808.
8. Rowland Parker b. 1787 drowned in the Concord River, 1806
9. Orasmus Parker b. 1789 m. ____ and d. in Otsego, NY 1820.
10. Isaac Senter Parker b.1791; m. Louisa McClure and d. in Cooperstown, NY
11. Rosalinda Parker b.1793 m. (1) Calvin Whitney; m. (2) ___Townsend of
Lancaster, MA; d.1876.
12. Augustus Granville Parker b.1796; m. Marian Hazen. He was a physician
in Shirley, MA where he d. 1843 He m. (2) Betsey Whitcomb.
13. Betsey Miranda Parker b. 1823 m. Samuel L. Adams of Cavendish and removed
to St. Charles, Illinois.
14. Isaiah Whitcomb Parker b. 1832 m. (1) Mary Thompson of Whitehall, NY;
m. (2) Lucia E. Barton of Ludlow, VT; d. 1864.
Isaiah Parker the father was a physician. He commenced practice in Harvard,
1772; he also preached, first as a Baptist and afterwards as a Universalist;
volunteer surgeon in the Revolution; published a political newspaper in
removed 1806 to Cavendish, VT, where he spent the rest of his life, which
almost to a century. He died 1848 aged 96. His children by the first
born at Harvard, MA.
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth