GenChat-L Archives

Archiver > GenChat > 1999-06 > 0929051370

From: <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [GenChat-L] unlisted telephone numbers
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:49:30 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/99 11:42:59 PM, wrote:

<<Our main library has a book called "criss-cross" in the reference
section---I have been able to find lots of local unlisted #'s. I am sure-
depending on the area that most library's have the same resources.>>

Having worked for Haines & Company the publisher of the "criss-cross"
directory they can not publish unlisted numbers. But if the number was at
one time in the phone book (that is where they get their information) then it
might appear in the directory, as they only update what has changed. If you
can not go online to one of the many sites that have directories listed then
you can only snail mail the person and request their phone number.

This thread: