GUS-REEB-L Archives

Archiver > GUS-REEB > 2008-10 > 1225314135

From: Diann Dillow <>
Subject: Re: [GUS-REEB] Reeb List
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:02:15 -0500

Thank you for your generous gift, for all of us to see your family. I have Snapfish also. I should post some pitures for everyone to see. Gail has been so generous by sending pictures of her family. I have saved all of them and I do treasure the pictures. It is very nice to see what we look like, it makes it more personal.

Thanks for posting and have a nice week.

Dianndicer > Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:25:31 -0400> From: > To: > Subject: Re: [GUS-REEB] Reeb List> > Diann,> > I also think that it would be wonderful to see pictures of my Reeb cousins> and their families. What a great way to get better acquainted with one> another. To this end I have collected some pictures to share and put them on> my personal web page sponsored by Shutterfly. If anyone is interested, you> can access this web page and browse through the picture albums found there.> > The web page is at : http:\\> > On entry to this site, you will need to enter a password which is: ginka2> > Once in the home page, you will find icons for a number of albums. The> first three albums might be of interest to you as they contain pictures of> my family (wife, Diane; brother, Allen; sister, Sylvia Kully; son, Brian and> his wife Becky and their two children, Ethan, age 7 and Joanna, age 5;> daughter, Tracy Dobie and her husband Bob and their two children Lauren, age> 2yr.,10mo. and Kyle, age 2 mo.).> > Clicking on any album icon will bring up thumbnail pictures contained> therein, and clicking on a thumbnail will open a larger picture. You should> not have much trouble navigating from that point on.> > Please let me know if this works for you; if not I will have to make some> other arrangement.> > Love to you all,> > Jim Rapp> > P.S. I have been so very pleased to get to "know" the Ferris family from the> pictures that Gail and Stan have posted. I feel very connected to them> through these pictures.> > On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Diann Dillow <>wrote:> > >> >> > Linda,> >> > What you wrote, I have written, simular messages. I agree that we are> > family and that is why I stayed on as adminstrator. Why would your opinion> > not count as are a very good person....and I listen to what> > everyone says. This list is all of ours, everyone that is listed may write> > anything they want to. This list has Freedom of Speech.> >> > I do not think I have curtailed anyone from saying anything. We have to> > stick together as a family. I can not do to much to uplift the list for I> > am having health problems. I can't spend the amount of time I used to on> > genealogy, for I also have other things going on in my life. I have tried> > to be fair with all of you. I think as time goes by, we will begin to feel> > free to express ourselves again, and I incourage that. New news is always> > good.> > I hope you all continue on the list and feel free to write. I really do> > wish we could send pictures for it would be nice to know what we all look> > like.> >> > I have opened a site on My Family, for All My Family. It is the same type> > of site that Shannon has. (RFA) I just opened it and now I need to work on> > it. I am new at this, so I do not know what I am doing. I have many names> > in my family, as does everyone. My main names are Dillow, Holtzhause, Reph,> > Steinmetz, Slightom, Baker, Sitter, Fischbach, Roecklein. Most of my> > Father's side started in 1737 Skipack, PA, 1800 Rowan County, N.C. to 1818> > Union County, Southern IL, St. Louis MO, Peoria, IL, DeKalb County, IL,> > Kane County IL. I have many cousins in IL. I never new much about my> > Mother's Father, for he died when she was five years old. That is why my> > interest in the Rape Family started. For he was a Reph, Rape, Raph, from> > Northampton County, PA. I hope to be able to get started, but it is hard to> > find the time.> >> > You may have stories to tell or loved ones on the list you need to> > the list will remain good ole'> > guss-reeb. I do not have expectations of any member. You, are the list,> > so write when you can, I certainly have not been writing, for I have allot> > going on. The way the world and our lives are, the best thing we can do is> > stay connected and pray for one another.> >> > Thanks for writing Linda and Ulrich and never think what you say, does not> > count with me.....for it counts more than you know. I know Gail has been> > going through allot and I am glad Linda mentioned that. For those that may> > not know already, her husband Stan had heart surgery, her sister has cancer> > and of course we all know little Jacob. Everyone is holding their own, but> > I just wanted to make sure you all knew.> >> > Wiith much Love to All,> >> > Diann> >> >> >> >> > dicer> >> >> >> > > From: > > > To: > > > Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 07:58:12 -0400> > > Subject: Re: [GUS-REEB] Reeb List> > >> > > I agree, thanks for you comments Linda> > >> > > Rollin Ulrich> > > Indiana> > >> > > -----Original Message-----> > > From: [mailto:> > ]> > > On Behalf Of Linda Hammer> > > Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:18 PM> > > To: > > > Subject: [GUS-REEB] Reeb List> > >> > > Hi Diann,> > >> > > Just a quick note to let you know my opinion on this list---not that it> > > counts for anything. As you say, we are family. What happens now is> > > of concern to us all---it's not just what happened in the past. Gail,> > > and her whole family, has had quite a time of it. She has a strong> > > faith that helps her stay strong. We all need to know that we can> > > count on each other in these times as well as exchanging information> > > about ancestors. Family research is about the present family as well> > > as the past.> > >> > > I like your idea of leaving the list open for exchanges as they occur.> > > The old way of needing to keep writing and writing is not possible> > > sometimes---we are living what will become history one day. I'm hoping> > > that as a family we can write when we have time and energy to explore> > > our pasts or ask for support when we need it.> > >> > > Thanks Diann for hanging in there with us. We may not be a large> > > number of researchers right now, but that's okay. Hope this note makes> > > sense. I'm not very good at expressing what I'm trying to get across.> > > I want you to know that I'm here, and I support you in keeping the list> > > as it is. I also hope it's not taking too much of your time.> > >> > > Linda Hammer> > >> > >> > > -------------------------------> > > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to> > > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the> > quotes> > > in the subject and the body of the message> > >> > >> > > -------------------------------> > > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the> > quotes in the subject and the body of the message> >> > _________________________________________________________________> > You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC.> >>; >> > -------------------------------> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the> > quotes in the subject and the body of the message> >> > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message