GUS-REEB-L Archives

Archiver > GUS-REEB > 2008-10 > 1224976656

From: Linda Hammer <>
Subject: [GUS-REEB] Reeb List
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:17:36 -0700

Hi Diann,

Just a quick note to let you know my opinion on this list---not that it
counts for anything. As you say, we are family. What happens now is
of concern to us all---it's not just what happened in the past. Gail,
and her whole family, has had quite a time of it. She has a strong
faith that helps her stay strong. We all need to know that we can
count on each other in these times as well as exchanging information
about ancestors. Family research is about the present family as well
as the past.

I like your idea of leaving the list open for exchanges as they occur.
The old way of needing to keep writing and writing is not possible
sometimes---we are living what will become history one day. I'm hoping
that as a family we can write when we have time and energy to explore
our pasts or ask for support when we need it.

Thanks Diann for hanging in there with us. We may not be a large
number of researchers right now, but that's okay. Hope this note makes
sense. I'm not very good at expressing what I'm trying to get across.
I want you to know that I'm here, and I support you in keeping the list
as it is. I also hope it's not taking too much of your time.

Linda Hammer

This thread: