GUS-REEB-L Archives

Archiver > GUS-REEB > 2006-08 > 1156130549

From: Linda Hammer <>
Subject: Roll Call
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:22:29 -0700

Greetings List,

This is Linda Hammer in Roseburg, Oregon. I enjoy reading all the
messages on the list and reading all the information so many of you
provide. John has supplied me with so much information about my
ancestors. My main focus now is to find information about Belinda Jane
(Rape) Angel, born 9 SEP 1846, daughter of Noel RAPE and Elizabeth Ann
Morgan. One of my goals is to check census records, marriage, birth,
and death records for Belinda's siblings, cousins, etc. to see if I can
find any leads as to what happened to Belinda. She was on trial for
the murder of her husband, Samuel Angel in 1871. She was acquitted at
trial in Montgomery County. I have no record of her after that. She,
supposedly, married a man named John McBroom and moved "West." I did
locate her son (my Great-Grandfather) William L. Angel, age 15, in
Independence, Missouri in the 1880 census; however, I can't find out
anything about Belinda.

I, too, love all the stories about our ancestors. It makes them so
real. I do hope the list can continue. It seems to be very active at
the moment. Best wishes to all and hope you have success in the hunt
for information. If I can find any new information about my branch of
the family, I will post it for sure.

Linda Hammer

This thread: