GREEN-L ArchivesArchiver > GREEN > 1999-09 > 0938277149
From: Bill Caddell <>
Subject: [GREEN-L] Lewis GREEN Family
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:32:29 -0500
I am very glad to meet you. Have been trying to make GREEN connection
with little success.
Maybe someone on the list will have better information on this line.
What I have was given to me, with no documentation proof...the following
info and generations:
One researcher had the following:
Land Office Patent and Grants, Virginia:
Lewis GREEN, 21 Feb 1719, Surry Co., 425 ac, N side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 11 Jul 1719, Surry Co., 375 ac, S side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN Jr., 21 Feb 1720, Surry Co., 195 ac, S side Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 21 Feb 1720, Surry Co., 145 ac, N side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 21 Feb 1720, Surry Co., 200 ac, N side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 20 Feb 1723, Surry Co., 135 ac, S side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 22 Feb 1724, Surry Co., 400 ac, N side of Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN Jr., 28 Sep 1732, Surry Co., 235 ac, S side Nottaway River
Lewis GREEN, 1 Aug 1734, Prince George Co., 300 ac, Blackwater
Lewis GREEN, 12 May 1759, Lunenburg Co., 100 ac, S side of Dan River
I. One researcher stated "research that supposingly Lewis Green, Sr.,
had a son, Nathaniel (9th child). Nathaniel is thought to be the father
of William Green, Sr. of Isle of Wight, Va., father of William GREEN
Jr., who married 2nd. Lucy Tyus, and moved to Orange County and
Granville County, N. C., who was the father of John GREEN, my ggg
Another researcher had a Burwell GREEN as the father of Lewis Burwell
GREEN, father of William GREEN Sr.
II. Lewis Burwell GREEN :b. ca 1639 :d. ca 1725, Prince George Co., VA
m. Susannah GRIGGS (b. Charles City Co.,VA) had at least 9 children:
(1) Lewis Green, Jr. b. 1680-90s, who married Francis (GILLIAM?),
the brother of William GILLIAM who m. Susanna GREEN, the daughter of
Lewis Green, Sr.
(2) Peter Green b. 1680-90s, who married Mary (COLEMAN?), she later
married Robert Farrington.
(3) Nathaniel Green, b. 1680-90s, died September 2, 1738, who
(4) Burwell Green b. 1680-90s, died 1733 in Surry County, VA. He
married Ann Poythress, daughter of John and Mary Batte Poythress.
(5) Susannah Green, b. 1690s-1710, married William Gilliam,
(6) Judith Green who married James Hall son of Isaac Hall.
(7) Mary Green who married Edward Epps.
(8) Martha Green who married William Richardson.
(9) William Green, b. 1700-1710, died December 10, 1740.
III. William GREEN Sr. :b. ca 1700, (Prince George Co., VA?) :d. 10 Dec
1749 m. Mary.
Children of William GREEN Sr.:
2. Benjamin d. 9 Jan 1749
4. Elizabeth m. a Mr. Hunt
5. William Jr. (reported to be last child)
IV. William GREEN Jr. :b. ca 1720, Surry Co., VA :d. 1784, Caswell Co.,
1m. 1740s to Mary JONES? (had three children and then she died)
2m. ca 1750, Lucy TYUS :b. ca 1725, Surry Co., VA (dau of John and
Ann (Nancy) Branch TYUS)
Children of William GREEN Jr. by 1st wife Mary (JONES?):
1. Lewis Burwell GREEN, b. ca 1740s, m. 26 Dec 1789, Caswell Co.,
VA, d. 1795 and 2nd m. Elizabeth CADDEL
2. William GREEN, b. 1740s
3. John Burwell GREEN, b. 1740s, m. 1 Jan 1807, Granville Co., NC,
d. Nov 1821, Granville Co., married Elizabeth Bulter
Children of William GREEN Jr. by 2nd wife Lucy TYUS:
4. Frances Burwell GREEN, b. 15 Oct 1752:
5. Sally GREEN, b. 5 Jan 1760, d. 4 Jul 1835, m. William Allen
6. Elizabeth GREEN, b. ca 1762, d. aft 1819, Wilkes Co., GA, m.
7. Burwell GREEN, b. 12 Apr 1765, m. 4 Jul 1789, Caswell Co., NC to
Phoebe CADDELL, she d. aft 1844, St.Clair Co.,AL , Burwell d. 1828,
St.Clair Co., AL
> Dear Bill,
> I saw Tom Green's response to your information on Phoebe and Elizabeth
> Cadell. I am a descendent of William Green and Lucy Tyus Green > through their son John. I would like to share information with you. > I am sure you could enlighten me on Lewis, as I have not been able to > determend who his parents were, although I have certainly spent much > time researching all possibilities of the Greens in Virginia about > 1638.
> Thank you for your consideration. I have corresponded with Tom Green
> and Mrs. Brandenburger in Texas.
> Donna Greene Kaiser
|[GREEN-L] Lewis GREEN Family by Bill Caddell <>|