GREEN-L Archives

Archiver > GREEN > 1999-06 > 0928234636

From: Shirley Pittman <>
Subject: [GREEN-L] Abednego GREEN, 1780s NC
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 06:57:16 -0400 (EDT)

Are there any Abednego GREEN researchers out there?

I have recently discovered land records in Rutherford County, NC, which may
tie my elusive ggg-grandfather, Robert (Robbin) GREEN, b. 1811-1812, to
Abednego GREEN. Abednego must have been in Rutherford County for a while.
There is a Lord Granville grant, which was entered March 20, 1780 and issued
on Aug. 9, 1787. Later, this same land was the property of my
ggg-grandfather, Robert GREEN. On other grants and deed transactions of the
lands adjoining this property, it is sometimes simultaneously referred to as
Robert GREEN'S line and Abney GREEN's line.

I know nothing of Abednego GREEN and would love to hear from anyone with any
knowledge of him.

Thank you so much for any help.
Shirley (Greene) Pittman

This thread: