GOWEN-L Archives

Archiver > GOWEN > 2007-04 > 1176393952

From: "Ramona Curtis" <>
Subject: Re: [GOWEN] Thomas Goin and Jemima Sinnes
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:05:52 -0600

3/25/04 I found what I believe refutes the possibility that our Claiborne
Co., TN Thomas
Goin was m. to Rebecca Clark. As you can see, the Thomas Goheen/Gohin who
m. Rebecca Clark in 1780 moved to Canada:

I believe the following is proof that our "Old" Thomas Goin's wife was NOT
Rebecca Clark as some researchers think:
"The Trail of the Huguenots in Europe, the United States, South Africa and
Canada," by G. Elmore Reaman, Gen.Pub.Co.,Inc.,Baltimore, 1972. Under the
heading "More Extended Biographical Sketches," p. 242, there is an entry--
Huguenot Family Name: Goheen, Gohin
Place of Origin: Alsace
Date and Place of First Migration: South Wales, 1685
Names of First Known Ancestors and Dates: Thomas Goheen m. Rebecca Clark
1780
Date and Place of Second Migration: Virginia 1690, Penn. 1725
Date of Migration to Canada: 1793
Location in Canada: Port Hope
Ancestors in Canada: Thomas and sons Thomas and Charles, Samuel and
daughter Elizabeth
Other Facts of Interest: There are Goheens in Indiana and Pennsylvania.
Dr. Robert Goheen, Pres. of Princeton University was a descendant.
Person(s) Providing Information: Raymond W. Goheen, Millbrook, Ont.