GOODALE-L Archives

Archiver > GOODALE > 2000-01 > 0948466043

From: Randie Casias <>
Subject: Re: [GOODALE-L] Re: GOODALE-D Digest V00 #3
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:47:23 -0700

Hi Nancy,

>From what I understand my family came over in the early 1900's because dad
was the only child born in the USA in 1914. You would think I would be
able to get a foot on info. in Scotland much easier, but Grandpa Peter
Duncan Goodale didn't like to talk about Scotland as I'm told by my cousin
who grow up in Boston with grandpa around him. My Grandmother was Mary Ann
Chisholm Goodale and Chisholm is such a well know name, you would think I'd
find something easier with that name, no luck. What I did find out from my
mom after the death of my dad Duncan Chishom Goodale is that my great
grandfather was a taylor in Dundee, why she remembered that I don't know
and Grandfather Peter was a steel worker in Boston. I'm also thinking that
Duncan might be my Great Grandmothers maiden name from my grandfathers side
because they seemed to gave the grandmothers maiden name as middle name in
the family. Peter Duncan Chisholm, Duncan Chisholm Goodale etc......

Randie

wrote:

> Hi Randie,
> Absolutely! I've been banging my head against the proverbial brick wall
> with my GOODALE/GOODELL ancestors. So far all my paternal ancestors
> have been Scottish, and Goodale kept popping up as being one of the
> original settlers in MA in the early 1600's. That plus the "we are
> descended from the Mayflower" family lore. Today I finally got a
> GOODALE/JACK connection in Glasgow. It's too tenuous to hang anytone's
> hat on yet, but I think I'm headed in the right direction. More later
> if and when I make any solid connections.
> Nancy Miller Weege in freeeeezing Wisconsin.

> Join the RootsWeb WorldConnect Project:
> Linking the world, one GEDCOM at a time.
> http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.co

This thread: