GOLDING-L ArchivesArchiver > GOLDING > 2005-01 > 1107128991
Subject: GOLDING family of Debden, Essex, UK
Date: 30 Jan 2005 16:49:57 -0700
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: GOLDING, GOLDEN, BACON, HAVIS, HARVEY, COX, GRIFFIN, LINDSELL, LINSDELL, GREENWOOD
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I'm researching the GOLDING/GOLDEN family of Debden, Essex, and so far have discovered the following:
William GOLDING, born circa 1774; died 1847, Debden. Married Elizabeth BACON (bap 8 Sep 1776, Debden; died 1847, Debden) in 1803, at Debden.
William GOLDING and Elizabeth BACON had at least one child:
John GOLDING, born 7 May 1808, Debden; bap 19 Jun 1808, Debden; occ: Agricultural Labourer; died 1881, Debden. John GOLDING married Eliza HAVIS (born 1813, Debden; died 1897, Debden) on 17 Nov 1832 at Debden.
John GOLDING and Eliza HAVIS had at least ten children:
1. Emma GOLDING, born 1833, Debden
2. Mary GOLDING, born 1836, Debden
3. Harriett GOLDING, born 1838, Debden; died 1850, Debden.
4. Joseph GOLDING, born 1841, Debden. Occ: Ag Lab/Gamekeeper. Married Ellen HARVEY (born circa 1843, Stratford St Marys, Suffolk) in 1877, St Olave District.
5. George GOLDING, born 1843, Debden. Occ: Postman. Married Charlotte COX (born circa 1842, Debden) in 1867, Saffron Walden District. They had at least four children: Alice, James, Annie and Sidney.
6. James GOLDING, born circa 1845, Debden. Occ: Gardener. Married Elizabeth GRIFFIN (born circa 1845, Swaffham, Norfolk) in circa 1877, Canterbury District. They had at least one child: Alice.
7. Susan GOLDING, born 1849, Debden; died 1849, Debden.
8. Hannah GOLDING, born 1851, Debden. Married James LINDSELL/LINSDELL (born 1855, Debden).
9. Susan GOLDING, born 1853, Debden.
10. Charles GOLDING, born 1856, Debden. Occ: Brewer's Labourer. Married Sarah Jane GREENWOOD (born circa 1854, Grantham, Lincs) in 1883, St Saviour District.
Does anyone have any info re: William GOLDING's parents and place of origin - Debden, perhaps? And does anyone know if William GOLDING and Elizabeth BACON had any further children? All help and input very welcome, and I'm happy to share the info that I have.