GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156890355

Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Character Map
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:25:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/2006 3:30:15 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

I think I solved the problem and wanted to share it with the
list. I use Windows XP.

I went to the Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Language >
Details and added the Czech language bar.

I tested in Notepad for č. The language bar is in English mode, the
Alt+0230 became è. I switched to the CZ mode, repeated the same step and
got č, which is what I was looking for. --- Interesting.

Lynn

Lynn,

I just discovered that Unicode has to be saved in WordPad rather than
notepad. At least when I tried to save characters in Notepad I got an error
message.

When I pasted them to WritePad I did not get the same message.

Karen

This thread: