GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156887467

Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Character Map
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:37:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/2006 3:30:15 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

I think I solved the problem and wanted to share it with the
list. I use Windows XP.

I went to the Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Language >
Details and added the Czech language bar.

I tested in Notepad for č. The language bar is in English mode, the
Alt+0230 became è. I switched to the CZ mode, repeated the same step and
got č, which is what I was looking for. --- Interesting.

Lynn

Alt+0230 on my system produced: æ .

This may be because I have the US English International Keyboard.

I did not know that keyboard would also set up its own numeric pad codes.
If I ever figure them out I will advise the list

Karen

This thread: