GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156518532

From: "Aida Kraus" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] SCHNABL and GRUTZ in Weissenfels, Bohemia
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:08:52 -0700

There is a Weisswasser and a Weissensulz in Bohemia, but the only
Weissenfels I know is in Saxony, but there may be others. Go to your search
button and key is Weissenfels, Germany to check at www.weissenfels.de The
availabilty of German church registers from Bohemia are listed under
Genealogy.net. Go to the place search at
http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/SUD/orte/ort-index.html
and click on the alphabetical listing of the old German names of the
villages and see what is available. A good way to start searching is by also
using these tools:
http://www.familysearch.org/ - name search

www.geneanet.com - name search

Ellis Island Register and Castle Garden Register at the NARA website (where
you also find ships lists) In some cases they list the place of origin.

Good luck!

Aida