GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156517435

From: "Herbert Schwarz" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Requests for lyrics
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:50:35 -0400

Hi Judy, The composer is May and Neubach (Lyrics) , I have a 45 rpm
recording of Joseph Schmidt of a 1935 recording,technically improved in
1955. Unforgetable (Unvergaenlich), an Odeon Recording. I tried to play it
,but the record has been scratshed badly. Richard Tauber may have recorded
it as well and he may have sung it in one of his films.Fritz Wunderlich may
also have recorded the song at a later date. Herb Schwarz, Ontario,Canada